The University of Pittsburgh, Department of Rehabilitation Science & Technology Continuing Education Program (RSTCE) announces the 33rd International Seating Symposium (ISS).
- Symposium March 2 - 4, 2017
- Pre- Symposium Workshops February 28 & March 1
Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center, Nashville, TN United States
Exhibit Hall Hours
- Wednesday March 01, 2017: 2:00 PM - 7:00 PM
(Expo Day – Registered Consumers and Symposium Attendees)
- Thursday March 02, 2017: 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM (Breakfast Provided)
- Thursday March 02, 2017: 10:30 AM - 1:00 PM (Lunch Provided)
- Thursday March 02, 2017: 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM (Exhibit Hall Welcome Reception)
- Friday March 03, 2017: 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM (Breakfast Provided)
Friday March 03, 2017: 11:45 PM - 2:00 PM (Lunch Provided)
The ISS is the leading educational and scientific conference in the field of wheelchair seating and mobility as well as, related technologies. The 33rd ISS expects to host over 2000 national and international attendees representing multiple countries and backgrounds.
The Symposium will include scientific and clinical papers, research forums, in-depth workshops, panel sessions, and anextensive exhibit hall. Presentations will address wheeled mobility and seating challenges, in addition tosolutions for people with disabilities across the lifespan. Conditions such as neuromuscular disorders, spinal cord injury and diseases of the spinal cord, orthopedic disorders,systemic conditions, obesity, and polytrauma will also be addressed.
- Over 100 sessions, including: pre-symposium workshops, plenary sessions, instructional courses, papers, and posters
- A 70,000 square foot Exhibition Hall with over 100 exhibitors of products and services, with both public and attendee-only hours
- Thursday night Social Event.
- Assistive Technology Professionals (ATP)
- Seating and Mobility Specialist (SMS)
- Rehabilitation Engineering Technologist (RET)
- Occupational Therapists
- Physical Therapists
- Product Developers
- People with Disabilities
- Recreational Therapists
- Rehabilitation Engineers & Technicians
- Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors
- Policy Makers
The 70,000 square foot exhibit hall will include commercial products and services from North America and abroad.
Attendees with Disabilities
The ISS supports participation by all individuals. Attendees with a special need should notify RSTCE as soon as possible and at least 30 days prior to the ISS in order to arrange for reasonable accommodations.
* The ISS reserves the right to cancel and/or replace sessions including Pre-Symposium Workshops due to insufficient registrations.